Moonday Mornings: Bitcoin flash-crashed to $75, SIM-swapping on the upward push, and more
It’s time for another edition of Moonday Mornings! Whenever you’re recent round right here, that is Exhausting Fork’s wrap-up of the weekend’s top cryptocurrency and blockchain headlines that you just shouldn’t leave out.
Let’s fetch to it.
1. For roughly five minutes over the weekend, the Bitcoin BTC and Canadian bucks trading pair flash-crashed down from round CAD$11,000 ($8,000) to CAD$101 ($75) per Bitcoin on the cryptocurrency alternate Kraken, essentially based on a Twitter user. Some Redditors noticed that one user sold 1,155 BTC for CAD$101 every, sinister cases. Kraken is but to statement on the incident.
2. Over the weekend, varied people of the cryptocurrency workforce beget reported being SIM-swapped, in what’s believed to be a coordinated series of assaults, ZDNet reports. How great cryptocurrency attackers beget obtained stays unclear, as no longer all victims beget declared their losses.
3. Cryptocurrency mixing carrier, Bitcoin Blender, adopted in Bestmixer.io’s footsteps and shut down final week, Bleeping Laptop reports. Bitcoin Blender shut down quickly after telling customers to withdraw their funds, the platform has no longer given a motive at the again of its closure.
4. EOS blockchain pattern dwelling Block.one launched a social network this weekend, Bloomberg reports. Known as Tell, every action a user makes is logged on the EOS “blockchain.” Effectively, that can only end successfully… very most attention-grabbing?
5. Fb has begun talks with the US Commodity Futures Trading Rate (CFTC) in a talk in self belief to devour how its GlobalCoin must be regulated, the Financial Instances reports. It’s early days, and the CFTC can only expose on compete capabilities, which it’s but to receive. Pull your finger out, Faceebook.
Effectively, there you’ve gotten it. Now inch fetch on along with your week of hodling.
Published June 3, 2019 — 08: 30 UTC